Edinburgh International Climbing Arena
We are now open!
We are delighted to welcome you back through our doors and to get back to helping Edinburgh keep active and well - always. We're very grateful for all the support we have received throughout lockdown and can’t wait to see you again soon in our venues.
Welcome to EICA
Located just outside of the city centre in Ratho, the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena (EICA) makes it easy to live life’s adventure. EICA is Europe’s largest indoor climbing centre and alongside world-class climbing walls, features a bouldering room and a gym overlooking the main arena. It’s easy to get to the EICA via car or even bicycle if you travel via the Union Canal. Regardless of whether you love to climb or hit the gym, we look forward to welcoming you to EICA soon.
How to make a booking
Looking to set up an account, how to make a booking, or pay for an activity? Click below for frequently asked questions about bookings.
COVID-19 Information & Updates
Keep up to date with our latest guidelines and information when planning a visit to our venues.
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.
What to expect when you visit
We've been working hard to create a safe environment for you to enjoy and we've made some changes to how we do things, including:
- Increased cleaning and sanitisation
- Physical distancing around the venue
- Online booking and carefully scheduled activities to manage numbers and customer flow
- Plastic shields installed at service points to protect you and our employees
- Sanitisation stations at entry/exit to all key areas
- Limiting activities and facilities, for example our changing rooms are not open and we have limited the number of lockers that can be used
- Specialist staff training
Be safe - before you visit
It's been some time since we've been able to climb the walls. So before you visit, please watch this safety video and see our activity-specific COVID guidelines here.