Wee Braids Closed For Winter
The Wee Braids Golf Course closes for the winter on the 1st December 2019 and reopens on the 1st March 2020. During the winter months a composite course is in operation utilising holes from both the Braids and Wee Braids courses. Anyone wishing to play the composite course should book in at the Braids Starters Box and Tee off from the 1st hole at the Braids. Season ticket holders who only want to play the Wee Braids holes are welcome to do so, however, please bear in mind that the 1st Tee is controlled from the Braids course. To avoid congestion on the composite course please allow golfers playing the 18 hole course, who may be playing competitions to play through. Please be aware that it may not be possible to play the Wee Braid holes at all on Saturday mornings due to the volume of play from the first tee so contact the starters box in advance of play for permission. If you are playing the Wee Braids holes please ensure you register with the golf starter at the Braids.
Wee Braids Golf Course
The Wee Braids is a 9-hole parkland course situated next to the Braid Hills Golf Course, established in 2004 to introduce children and young people to golf. Although designed to be an inviting introduction for beginners, the course is also a fun, quick test for an experienced golfer with sloping fairways and gorse throughout.
The course offers impressive views across the city and is open from March to November. During the winter months you can tackle our Braids Winter Course, which is a combination of holes from the Braid Hills and Wee Braids courses.
Just because the summer has drawn to a close, it doesn't mean it's time to put the clubs away! With our winter golf memberships, you can keep your game up to scratch all the way through to spring.
The Wee Braids may be closed over the winter months, but our winter golf membership gives you full access to our 5 other beautiful courses across the city, each with breath-taking views and challenging terrain.
Click here to buy your season ticket online with a direct debit. If you'd like to join with a one-off payment, please speak to a member of staff at the course.
Opening Hours and Timetables
Venue Opening Hours
|Monday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Tuesday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Wednesday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Thursday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Friday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Saturday||08:15 - 15:30|
|Sunday||08:15 - 15:30|
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
- 2232 yards
- Par 33
From December to March, Wee Braids is combined with Braid Hills Golf Course to make a combined 18-hole winter course.
- Golf Shop offering golf accessories, hot /cold drinks and confectionery
- Golf clubs, trolley and buggy hire available
- Free on-street car parking
If you want to practice your swing then we recommend Braid Hills Driving Range.
Golf Loyalty Card
If you enjoy our stunning courses on a pay and play basis then we've got the perfect product for you! We have now launched a golf loyalty card which means that you can now start collecting points for every round of golf you play with us. These points can be redeemed for free rounds at our golf courses.
The card is free to pick up and can be applied for online or picked up at the starters office. To apply online, please choose the Loyalty Card option below. Terms and conditions apply.
Golf Loyalty Card Terms and Conditions
- 8 points will be awarded for every £1 spent for example a £26.50 18 hole round of golf, 208 points will be rewarded. 1 point equates to £0.01 redemption value.
- Points can only be redeemed when there are enough to pay for a full round of golf. Points cannot be used to part pay for a round of golf.
- Points can only be redeemed for tee time bookings, not redeemable on retail products/refreshments.
- Card must be swiped at starters office prior to playing round in order to earn points.
- Loyalty card only available to pay and play (casual) golf customers. Not available to golf members or discount card holders.
The Edinburgh Leisure app
Ask our team to demo our app today and have everything at your fingertips:
- Priority booking and cancellation of classes, courts,pitches and golf tee times
- Instant access to timetables
- Special offers and news
Ask at reception for further details.
Membership available at Wee Braids Golf Course
Golf Season Tickets
With our Golf Membership you have unlimited access to six quality courses at locations throughout Edinburgh, each with its own unique charms and challenges and all within a short drive of the city centre. Choose between Braid Hills, Carrick Knowe, Craigentinny, Portobello, Wee Braids and Silverknowes Golf Courses. You can also join any of the nine affiliated golf clubs, providing you the social and competition benefits that membership brings. Conditions apply - speak to the starter at your local course for details.
Golf Winter Season Ticket
Running until 31st March 2020, the winter golf membership gives you access to six quality courses across the city allowing consistent play throughout the winter. We always aim to minimise the use of winter greens and don't require you to use mats throughout the winter on our courses. Conditions apply, speak to your starter for more details.
Up to £22.00 Per Month
Pay As You Go Options available at Wee Braids Golf Course
The Discount Card offers money off a wide range of pay-and-play activities.
If you prefer to pay and play you can now pick up an Edinburgh Leisure Loyalty Card which allows you to collect points on a range of activities. These points can then be converted to free visits, making it even easier to stay active. Please note: the Loyalty Card cannot be used in conjunction with any other Edinburgh Leisure card or membership. Terms & conditions apply. Speak to a member of staff for full details.
Up to £0.00 Per Month
Venue Price List
|Non Card Holder||Discount Card Holder||Concessionary Discount Card Holder||Junior Discount Card Holder|
|18 holes (weekday)||£24.50||£19.50||£17.15||£9.50|
|18 Holes (weekend)||£24.50||£19.50||£17.15||£9.50|
|9 holes (weekday)||£13.50||£10.80||£9.45||£6.00|
|9 Holes (weekend)||£13.50||£10.80||£9.45||£6.00|
Golf bookings, cancellations and no shows
- Tee time bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- If golf is included in your membership you can book online, via the app, in person or on the phone.
- Golf Loyalty Card and Edinburgh Leisure Discount Card customers can book online, via the app, in person or on the phone. If you’re booking online or via the app you must pay at the time of booking. If you are booking in person or by phone your booking must be paid prior to teeing off.
- Customers who do not have an Edinburgh Leisure card can book in person or on the phone and payment must be made at time of booking.
- We can’t be in two places at once, however much we’d like to be so that you can’t have more than one tee time booking at the same time. For example, if you book a 3pm tee time at Silverknowes and then book a 3.15pm tee time at Braid Hills for the same day, the Silverknowes tee time will automatically be deleted and you will only have the Braid Hills booking. We will email you to confirm your first booking has been deleted.
- You can only book one tee time online or via the app in any 24-hour period. If you do want to book more tee times please phone your preferred course.
- You can check your bookings by clicking ‘My bookings’ on the app and by checking ‘upcoming bookings’ in the online booking page. Click here to access your online bookings.
- If you make a booking on the app you can add it to your calendar and set up a calendar reminder.
Arriving in time for your booking
When you arrive, please ensure you check in with the starter at least 10 minutes prior to the tee time to confirm your attendance.
Changing or cancelling your booking and no shows
Isn’t it frustrating when you can’t get a tee time? Even more so when you find out that a time was available because someone booked and didn’t turn up or cancelled at the last minute.
Please cancel or change your booking at least 3 hours prior to your tee time if you are unable to make it and you won't be charged for cancelling you booking.
If golf is included in your membership:
- You can change or cancel your booking online, via the app, in person or by phone.
- If you cancel your booking within 3 hours of your tee time (late cancellation) or don’t turn up, you will be charged a £2 fee that should be paid within 7 days.
If you are a Discount Card holder or golf Loyalty Card holder and paid for your booking:
- You can change your booking online, in person or by phone but not via the app.
- If you cannot change your tee time, you can cancel your booking in person or by phone and you will be refunded.
- If you cancel within 3 hours (late cancellation) of your tee time you will be unable to change your tee time and will not be refunded.
- If you don’t turn up for your booking, you will not be refunded.
If you are a Discount Card holder or golf Loyalty Card holder and have not paid for your booking:
- You can change or cancel your booking online, via the app, in person or by phone.
- If you cancel within 3 hours (late cancellation) or don’t turn up, you will be charged for your booking in full. Payment is required within 7 days.
If you do not have an Edinburgh Leisure card and paid for your booking:
- You can change your booking or cancel and get a refund either in person or by phone.
- If you cancel with less than 3 hours notice or do not turn up, you will not get a refund.
Payment of fees
If you incur any fees you will receive an email the following day asking you to pay within 7 days. The email will detail how to make payment. You can pay online, via the app, by phone or in person. If you don't pay within 7 days, you won't be able to make another booking until the payment is made.
Group Advance Bookings
If you would like to make a group booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you to discuss your booking.
We will close the course for bad weather and we’ll update our website with these closures. If the course is closed, we will cancel your booking. If you have already paid we will contact you to either move your booking or refund your payment.
If you have any queries about bookings or cancellations, please speak to a member of staff or contact email@example.com
Located at Braids Hills, just 10 minutes drive from the city centre.
- Wee Braids Golf Course, Braid Hills Drive, Edinburgh, EH10 6GZ
- 0131 666 2210
- By Bus: Services by Lothian Buses Comiston Road buses 11, 15, N11