Portobello Golf Course
Portobello is nine hole parkland course of genuine character with each hole a pleasure to play. The par-32 course is beautifully prepared and forgiving which makes it ideal for beginners getting to grips with the game or those looking for a quick round.
Arthur's Seat provides an attractive backdrop to this very gentle course that is not taxing on strength and the small tight greens make for accurate approach shots.
The signature hole is the long par 3 on the 9th - this 198 yard hole requires a straight long iron, avoiding the bunkers at 150 yards and plays up to a sloping green making it a great hole to finish on.
Portobello Golf Course Reconfiguration
Some background information on reconfiguration plans for Portobello Golf Course:
In order to ensure public open space is managed and utilised for the benefit of all the community now is the right time to explore new ways of maximising the potential of the golf course and widening the number of ways people can enjoy being active.
In response to the ongoing decrease in use at Portobello, we have been exploring the potential to reconfigure Portobello Golf Course to attract more young people and families into the game.
Portobello Golf Course will not be closing but we are looking to make it a family friendly area with lots of different golfing activities, including frisbee golf, foot-golf and a 6-hole beginners, juniors and family friend fun course. Our proposal will provide the perfect pathway for junior golf, which is limited within the city.
We are working with our current members to find a workable solution and they are being offered the opportunity to use Craigentinny Golf Club, only 1.5 miles away from Portobello, and will of course, also have access to Portobello too.
If you have any questions on the plans, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2566 yards
- Par 32
- Changing rooms
- Golf Shop offering golf accessories, hot /cold drinks and confectionary
- Golf club and trolley hire
- Free on street car parking
Golf Loyalty Card
If you enjoy our stunning courses on a pay and play basis then we've got the perfect product for you! We have now launched a golf loyalty card which means that you can now start collecting points for every round of golf you play with us. These points can be redeemed for free rounds at our golf courses.
The card is free to pick up and can be applied for online or picked up at the starters office. To apply online, please choose the Loyalty Card option below. Terms and conditions apply.
Golf Loyalty Card Terms and Conditions
- 8 points will be awarded for every £1 spent for example a £26.50 18 hole round of golf, 208 points will be rewarded. 1 point equates to £0.01 redemption value.
- Points can only be redeemed when there are enough to pay for a full round of golf. Points cannot be used to part pay for a round of golf.
- Points can only be redeemed for tee time bookings, not redeemable on retail products/refreshments.
- Card must be swiped at starters office prior to playing round in order to earn points.
- Loyalty card only available to pay and play (casual) golf customers. Not available to golf members or discount card holders.
Golf bookings, cancellations and no shows
- Tee time bookings can be made up to 14 days in advance.
- If golf is included in your membership you can book online, via the app, in person or on the phone.
- Golf Loyalty Card and Edinburgh Leisure Discount Card customers can book online, via the app, in person or on the phone. If you’re booking online or via the app you must pay at the time of booking. If you are booking in person or by phone your booking must be paid prior to teeing off.
- Customers who do not have an Edinburgh Leisure card can book in person or on the phone and payment must be made at time of booking.
- We can’t be in two places at once, however much we’d like to be so that you can’t have more than one tee time booking at the same time. For example, if you book a 3pm tee time at Silverknowes and then book a 3.15pm tee time at Braid Hills for the same day, the Silverknowes tee time will automatically be deleted and you will only have the Braid Hills booking. We will email you to confirm your first booking has been deleted.
- You can only book one tee time online or via the app in any 24-hour period. If you do want to book more tee times please phone your preferred course.
- You can check your bookings by clicking ‘My bookings’ on the app and by checking ‘upcoming bookings’ in the online booking page. Click here to access your online bookings.
- If you make a booking on the app you can add it to your calendar and set up a calendar reminder.
Arriving in time for your booking
When you arrive, please ensure you check in with the starter at least 10 minutes prior to the tee time to confirm your attendance.
Changing or cancelling your booking and no shows
Isn’t it frustrating when you can’t get a tee time? Even more so when you find out that a time was available because someone booked and didn’t turn up or cancelled at the last minute.
Please cancel or change your booking at least 3 hours prior to your tee time if you are unable to make it and you won't be charged for cancelling you booking.
If golf is included in your membership:
- You can change or cancel your booking online, via the app, in person or by phone.
- If you cancel your booking within 3 hours of your tee time (late cancellation) or don’t turn up, you will be charged a £2 fee that should be paid within 7 days.
If you are a Discount Card holder or golf Loyalty Card holder and paid for your booking:
- You can change your booking online, in person or by phone but not via the app.
- If you cannot change your tee time, you can cancel your booking in person or by phone and you will be refunded.
- If you cancel within 3 hours (late cancellation) of your tee time you will be unable to change your tee time and will not be refunded.
- If you don’t turn up for your booking, you will not be refunded.
If you are a Discount Card holder or golf Loyalty Card holder and have not paid for your booking:
- You can change or cancel your booking online, via the app, in person or by phone.
- If you cancel within 3 hours (late cancellation) or don’t turn up, you will be charged for your booking in full. Payment is required within 7 days.
If you do not have an Edinburgh Leisure card and paid for your booking:
- You can change your booking or cancel and get a refund either in person or by phone.
- If you cancel with less than 3 hours notice or do not turn up, you will not get a refund.
Payment of fees
If you incur any fees you will receive an email the following day asking you to pay within 7 days. The email will detail how to make payment. You can pay online, via the app, by phone or in person. If you don't pay within 7 days, you won't be able to make another booking until the payment is made.
Group Advance Bookings
If you would like to make a group booking, please contact us at email@example.com and we will contact you to discuss your booking.
We will close the course for bad weather and we’ll update our website with these closures. If the course is closed, we will cancel your booking. If you have already paid we will contact you to either move your booking or refund your payment.
If you have any queries about bookings or cancellations, please speak to a member of staff or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership available at Portobello Golf Course
Golf Season Tickets
With our Golf Membership you have unlimited access to six quality courses at locations throughout Edinburgh, each with its own unique charms and challenges and all within a short drive of the city centre. Choose between Braid Hills, Carrick Knowe, Craigentinny, Portobello, Wee Braids and Silverknowes Golf Courses. You can also join any of the nine affiliated golf clubs, providing you the social and competition benefits that membership brings. Conditions apply - speak to the starter at your local course for details.
Pay As You Go Options available at Portobello Golf Course
The Discount Card offers money off a wide range of pay-and-play activities.
If you prefer to pay and play you can now pick up an Edinburgh Leisure Loyalty Card which allows you to collect points on a range of activities. These points can then be converted to free visits, making it even easier to stay active. Please note: the Loyalty Card cannot be used in conjunction with any other Edinburgh Leisure card or membership. Terms & conditions apply. Speak to a member of staff for full details.
Up to £0.00 Per Month
Venue Price List
|Non Card Holder||Discount Card Holder||Concessionary Discount Card Holder||Junior/Disability Discount Card Holder|
|18 holes (weekday)||£23.30||£17.40||£13.90||£6.20|
|18 Holes (weekend)||£24.00||£17.90||£14.40||£9.00|
|9 holes (weekday)||£12.80||£9.50||£7.60||£5.20|
|9 Holes (weekend)||£12.90||£9.70||£7.80||£5.80|
Opening Hours and Timetables
Venue Opening Hours
|Monday||07:00 - 18:45|
|Tuesday||07:00 - 18:45|
|Wednesday||07:00 - 18:45|
|Thursday||07:00 - 18:45|
|Friday||07:00 - 18:45|
|Saturday||06:45 - 18:30|
|Sunday||06:45 - 18:30|
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
Portobello is a coastal suburb of Edinburgh once famed as a beach resort located three miles (5 km) to the east of the city centre, facing the Firth of Forth.
- Portobello Golf Course, Stanley Street, Edinburgh, EH15 1JJ
- 0131 669 4361
- By Bus: Services by Lothian Buses Southfield Places buses 21, 42, 49, 69 and Hope Lane, 5, 44 and 113.