Our Board of Directors provides the strategic direction for Edinburgh Leisure and ensures that we maintain the highest level of standards and performance, meeting at least six times per year.
The Edinburgh Leisure board consists of:
- David Milne (Chair) - David was born in Edinburgh and attended George Heriots School. Following this, he completed a BSc in Biological Sciences at Napier University and a post graduate Business Administration course at the University of Edinburgh. David has worked in a range of business sectors and has held Board positions in five businesses. He currently works in a business development position with part of the RBS Group. He is married with two grown-up children and has a keen interest in all sports. He is one of three brothers who have all played rugby for Scotland.
- Cllr Karen Doran - bio coming soon
- Colin Mumford - Colin Mumford is a Consultant Neurologist in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh. He previously held the position of Clinical Director for neurology and neurosurgery, and has worked at the Queen Margaret Hospital Dunfermline, the Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy and St John's Hospital Livingston, as well as in Edinburgh. He is an honorary senior lecturer in Neurology at the University of Edinburgh. Colin was a member of the Joint Committee for Higher Medical Training and the Speciality Advisory Committee for post graduate training in Neurology between 1992 –2003. He was Chair of the Edinburgh Department of Clinical Neurosciences Consultant Staff Committee between 2002 and 2010. He is an associate editor of the medical educational journal "Practical Neurology". Colin’s interests include hill walking, mountain biking, bridge and triathlon (for which he uses Edinburgh Leisure’s training facilities). He has also produced several professional and non medical publications and is a speaker of nine languages.
- Scott Haldane - Scott was appointed to the Board in March 2012. Scott has gained extensive experience in Finance over many years as a Director of Finance with organisations in both the private and public sectors, particularly within the NHS. He is currently Director of Finance at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust and was previously Director of Finance & Resources at Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust. Prior to this, he was the Strategy & Business Development Director (Scotland) for ATOS IT Services (UK) Ltd. Scott graduated from the University of Stirling with a BA in Accountancy and Business Law in 1981. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant followed in 1984. This led to a number of senior Finance roles within the Private sector, before joining the NHS in 1993. He has also been involved with a number of Boards and Committees representing National and Professional Bodies, and is currently a Lay Member of the Court at the University of Stirling. Scott was elected as Chairman of the Healthcare Financial Management Association in 2005, a body representing the NHS Finance community across the UK, and was recognised as Public Sector Finance Director of the Year in 2006. His interests include golf, football, reading and music.
- Jackie Moran - Jackie Moran is Customer Operations Director at Standard Life and has a breadth of experience in operational management, sales and risk. Her career history includes roles in Standard Life Bank and Standard Life Healthcare. Prior to taking up her current role in 2012, Jackie spent three years as Operational Risk and Financial Crime Director. Jackie graduated from Edinburgh University with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Studies and subsequently gained a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Jackie lives in Edinburgh with her husband and enjoys running, keeping fit and spending time with friends and family.
- Ken Goodlad - Ken Goodlad is a civil servant with the Scottish Government. He was appointed to the board in February 2014. Originally from Aberdeen, Ken grew up on the other side of the world, spending much of his earlier years immersed in the cultures of Turkey, South Korea and Taiwan. He returned to Scotland in 1995 to finish his school education in Shetland before beginning a degree in Computer Science at Edinburgh University in 1997. He was off again after the completion of his degree to spend the winter months as a ski guide in France. With the winter snow melting, he returned once more to Edinburgh in 2003 where he joined the Scottish Government as an ICT professional. In 2009, his career shifted from operational delivery to devolved policy, and since then he has been involved in major public service and legislative reforms both in Scotland and wider afield. Ken lives in Edinburgh with his wife and daughter.
- Doug McKenzie - Doug McKenzie is the Managing Director of The Optima Value Group, an Edinburgh based CRM and digital marketing agency with experience of working alongside clients like Visit Scotland, Matalan, Flybe and Lloyds Banking Group. Following a degree in European Finance and Accounting and an MBA from the University of Bradford he began his marketing career with Next plc before moving into brand management with the Leeds Permanent Building Society where he managed their savings brands. In 1993, he joined Kwik-Fit and held various senior marketing management positions. This included six years as Marketing Director where he controlled 15 different brands and directed the UK marketing operations across a network of 672 centres and 190 mobile tyre fitting vehicles. In 2006, he joined Forth Ports plc to lead their destination marketing activities including expansion of the Group’s cruise liner marketing programmes. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a Member of The Marketing Society. His sporting interests include tennis and golf.
- Jestyn Davies - Jestyn has spent over 25 years in the property industry the last 19 of which have been spent with various Murray family businesses. Previously a Director with Premier Property Group (PPG) for 12 years Jestyn set up its sister company Murray Estates in 2008 which was the subject of a buy out in February 2014. The business continues to focus on the group’s extensive interests in strategic land, mixed use projects and residential developments. He has held various other group board positions as well as external non executive positions. He is the former Chairman of the Scottish Property Federation and left this position in November 2013. Jestyn holds a BSc (Hons) from Heriot Watt University and an MBA from Edinburgh University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and is a member of The Chartered Institute of Building. In his spare time his interests include, Rugby, Cycling, Golf and Game shooting.
- Colin McMillan - bio coming soon