Booking unavailable from 3pm Wednesday 27th until 6am Thursday 28th January
We are carrying out essential work on our systems from 3pm Wednesday 27th January â€“ 6am Thursday 28th January. During this time you will not be able to book any activity on the app or website and there will be no online fitness classes running or floodlit tennis available. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Our Board of Directors provides the strategic direction for Edinburgh Leisure and ensures that we maintain the highest level of standards and performance, meeting at least six times per year.
The Edinburgh Leisure board consists of:
- David Milne (Chair) - David was born in Edinburgh and attended George Heriots School. Following this, he completed a BSc in Biological Sciences at Napier University and a post graduate Business Administration course at the University of Edinburgh. David has worked in a range of business sectors and has held Board positions in five businesses. He currently works in a business development position with Lindsays Solicitors. He is married with two grown-up children and has a keen interest in all sports. He is one of three brothers who have all played rugby for Scotland.
- Colin Mumford - Colin Mumford is a Consultant Neurologist in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh. He previously held the position of Clinical Director for neurology and neurosurgery, and has worked at the Queen Margaret Hospital Dunfermline, the Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy and St John's Hospital Livingston, as well as in Edinburgh. He is an honorary senior lecturer in Neurology at the University of Edinburgh. Colin was a member of the Joint Committee for Higher Medical Training and the Speciality Advisory Committee for post graduate training in Neurology between 1992 –2003. He was Chair of the Edinburgh Department of Clinical Neurosciences Consultant Staff Committee between 2002 and 2010. He is an associate editor of the medical educational journal "Practical Neurology". Colin’s interests include hill walking, mountain biking, bridge and triathlon (for which he uses Edinburgh Leisure’s training facilities). He has also produced several professional and non medical publications and is a speaker of nine languages.
- Scott Haldane - Scott was appointed to the Board in March 2012. Scott has gained extensive experience in Finance over many years as a Director of Finance with organisations in both the private and public sectors, particularly within the NHS. He is currently Director of Finance at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust and was previously Director of Finance & Resources at Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust. Prior to this, he was the Strategy & Business Development Director (Scotland) for ATOS IT Services (UK) Ltd. Scott graduated from the University of Stirling with a BA in Accountancy and Business Law in 1981. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant followed in 1984. This led to a number of senior Finance roles within the Private sector, before joining the NHS in 1993. He has also been involved with a number of Boards and Committees representing National and Professional Bodies, and is currently a Lay Member of the Court at the University of Stirling. Scott was elected as Chairman of the Healthcare Financial Management Association in 2005, a body representing the NHS Finance community across the UK, and was recognised as Public Sector Finance Director of the Year in 2006. His interests include golf, football, reading and music.
- Jackie Moran - Jackie Moran was appointed to the board in 2014 and chairs the Edinburgh Leisure Audit Committee. Jackie has spent much of her career in Financial Services, retiring recently from Standard Life where she was an Operations Director. She has a breadth of experience in Customer Service, Operations and Risk Management. In addition to her operational role, Jackie sponsored an employee network established to drive gender diversity. She continues to be a strong advocate in this area. Jackie graduated from Edinburgh University with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Studies and subsequently completed a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Jackie lives in Edinburgh with her husband and has two grown up children. She enjoys travelling, keeping fit and spending time with friends and family.
- Craig Hall - Craig has spent over 30 years in the international marketing arena latterly as Managing Director of Edinburgh based Teviot, where he established a US base and facilitated growth. His previous roles have involved agency and client side responsibilities in European software, hotel and leisure, publishing and house-building. He currently has a portfolio of consultancy interests and has established and grown two property businesses. He initially graduated from Edinburgh University with a BSc Hons in Biochemistry and returned to the University to obtain an MBA in 1999. He has served on the Bethany Care Van for the last 7 years, serving the needy on the streets of Edinburgh. An active member of Pentland Triathletes he has completed 11 half marathons and cycled from Lands end to John O’Groats in 6 days (for the Bishop Simeon Trust). His current fitness activities are centred around moving weights and shifting water (in the pool).
- Jestyn Davies - Jestyn has spent over 25 years in the property industry the last 19 of which have been spent with various Murray family businesses. Previously a Director with Premier Property Group (PPG) for 12 years Jestyn set up its sister company Murray Estates in 2008 which was the subject of a buy out in February 2014. The business continues to focus on the group’s extensive interests in strategic land, mixed use projects and residential developments. He has held various other group board positions as well as external non executive positions. He is the former Chairman of the Scottish Property Federation and left this position in November 2013. Jestyn holds a BSc (Hons) from Heriot Watt University and an MBA from Edinburgh University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and is a member of The Chartered Institute of Building. In his spare time his interests include, Rugby, Cycling, Golf and Game shooting.
- Colin McMillan (ClubSport Rep) - Colin was born in Edinburgh and attended George Heriots School before studying a BSc in Physiology at St Andrews and a MSc in Sport & Recreation Business Management at Edinburgh University. Colin is the Chairperson of ClubSport Edinburgh and is the representative voice for sport clubs on the Edinburgh Leisure board. Colin joined the Board in December 2016.He brings 13 years of academic, leisure and social enterprise industry experience having worked with Edinburgh Leisure, the City of Edinburgh Council and latterly as Business Support Adviser with Firstport. He is a member of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity. Colin is married with two children who all enjoy being customers across a number of Edinburgh Leisure’s services. He plays cricket, football and running when his kids allow him the time!
- John Taylor - John has lived and studied in Edinburgh for many years having graduated from Edinburgh University with a MA(Hons). He has a commercial background gained from working in a retail environment. More recently he has specialised his career in Human Resources and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. He joined Apple in 2007 and is currently He ad of Talent, supporting the business across the UK and the Nordics. John joined the Edinburgh Leisure Board in May 2017. In his spare time he has a keen interest in keeping fit by running, using our gym facilities, and playing squash.He lives with his wife in Edinburgh and they have a young daughter who is starting school this year.
- Caroline Parker - Caroline is a RICS Registered Valuer and has been a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) forover 30 years. She has been regarded as one of the leading valuers in the UK and hasbeen valuing commercial property assets for around 20 years for UK and international banks. Caroline worked in Director roles at Savills and JLL in Edinburgh (between 2003 and 2011) where she held the positions of Scottish Head of Valuation in both companies.She later moved to London in 2014 to join the Secured Lending team at Montagu Evans. Caroline is now a Consultant with Montagu Evans following the setting up pf her own company CJP Consultancy in 2017; advising on the real estate and finance markets.In her spare time Caroline is an active member of Edinburgh Leisure and can be seen most early mornings working out in the Craiglockhart gym. Caroline also enjoys playing racket ball, tennis, golf, and she is a keen skier. She also enjoys watching most sports, especially tennis and rugby. In 2003 Caroline completed the New York Marathon raising money for CHAS though sponsorship.In 2017, Caroline was accepted into ‘The Royal Company of Merchants of The City of Edinburgh’, one of Scotland’s oldest and most respected charities in Scotland providing educational and charity support to the community of Edinburgh.
- Hal Osler - Hal is the Liberal Democrat Councillor for the Ward of Inverleith, first elected in 2017. With a background in market research, Hal has supported Third Sector organisations on various fundraising activities, including charities focusing on buildings and heritage. She has also worked within the Scottish commercial art scene.Being a Community Councillor for Stockbridge and Inverleith CC has enabled her to pursue longstanding interests in a range of local issues , including opportunities for young people,inclusion and support for older people, encouraging more participation in sports, and positive steps to improve mental health.
- Graeme Bruce - Graeme is an Application Specialist/Systems Analyst and has worked in both the public and private sector for nearly 30 years. He has previously worked for the Scottish Legal Aid Board, Cap Gemini and various Life Assurance companies. He attended school both here in Edinburgh and Vancouver, Canada. He gained a BSc in Computing from Napier University and qualified as a private pilot many years ago in his youth. He has been very keen to get involved in his local community and spent 8 years on the Balerno Childrens Gala Committee including time as President on that committee. Graeme joined the Board following the local Council elections in May 2017. His interests include football, rugby, golf, skiing, squash, scuba diving and cycling, the latter of which he has participated in many charity cycle rides including Edinburgh to Paris via Hull/Zeebrugge (500 miles)and Edinburgh to Monte Carlo (1,300 miles), via Newcastle,Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Montpellier and Nice, helping to raise money various local projects and a cancer charity.
- Denis Dixon - Born and raised in Irvine Ayrshire, Denis came to Edinburgh in 1969 to study Business, Marketing and Accountancy at Edinburgh College of Commerce; now Napier University. He then went on to work at White Horse Whisky Ltd in Glasgow and subsequently in the role of financial accountant at Amoco UK Ltd; an oil company in London.Denis returned to Scotland in 1982 and took up a career in marketing, communications and printing. In 1986, he set up his own marketing company, Creative Business Services, which he ran until 1994 when he was offered a role in marketing in Bergen, Norway, where he met his wife Pamela. On return to Scotland in 2000 Denis managed a Fine Art print distribution company until 2015. By then his political career had taken hold and since 2012 he has been a City of Edinburgh Councillor for the Sighthill/Gorgie ward. He is currently Convener of the South West Locality and Lead Councillor on Income Maximisation.
- Lee Ann Panglea - Lee Ann is Head of the CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development, in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Lee Ann’s role involves leading a team and working closely with an engaged volunteer network across Scotland and NI to encourage influencers in the world of work to value people and development as key to better work and working lives. With over 20 years’ commercial experience across the consumer, retail and professional services sectors throughout the UK, Lee Ann brings significant personal experience of the world of work to her current role and believes passionately in the importance of people and development, and employee voice. Lee Ann’s a graduate of the University of Edinburgh and after several years working in England, returned to Scotland in 2004. She now lives in Edinburgh with her husband and two children.
- Lezley Marion Cameron - bio coming soon
- Alex Staniforth - bio coming soon