Our Board of Directors provides the strategic direction for Edinburgh Leisure and ensures that we maintain the highest level of standards and performance, meeting at least six times per year.
The Edinburgh Leisure board consists of:
- David Milne (Chair) - David was born in Edinburgh and attended George Heriots School. Following this, he completed a BSc in Biological Sciences at Napier University and a post graduate Business Administration course at the University of Edinburgh. David has worked in a range of business sectors and has held Board positions in five businesses. He currently works in a business development position with Lindsays Solicitors. He is married with two grown-up children and has a keen interest in all sports. He is one of three brothers who have all played rugby for Scotland.
- Colin Mumford - Colin Mumford is a Consultant Neurologist in the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh. He previously held the position of Clinical Director for neurology and neurosurgery, and has worked at the Queen Margaret Hospital Dunfermline, the Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy and St John's Hospital Livingston, as well as in Edinburgh. He is an honorary senior lecturer in Neurology at the University of Edinburgh. Colin was a member of the Joint Committee for Higher Medical Training and the Speciality Advisory Committee for post graduate training in Neurology between 1992 –2003. He was Chair of the Edinburgh Department of Clinical Neurosciences Consultant Staff Committee between 2002 and 2010. He is an associate editor of the medical educational journal "Practical Neurology". Colin’s interests include hill walking, mountain biking, bridge and triathlon (for which he uses Edinburgh Leisure’s training facilities). He has also produced several professional and non medical publications and is a speaker of nine languages.
- Scott Haldane - Scott was appointed to the Board in March 2012. Scott has gained extensive experience in Finance over many years as a Director of Finance with organisations in both the private and public sectors, particularly within the NHS. He is currently Director of Finance at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust and was previously Director of Finance & Resources at Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust. Prior to this, he was the Strategy & Business Development Director (Scotland) for ATOS IT Services (UK) Ltd. Scott graduated from the University of Stirling with a BA in Accountancy and Business Law in 1981. Qualification as a Chartered Accountant followed in 1984. This led to a number of senior Finance roles within the Private sector, before joining the NHS in 1993. He has also been involved with a number of Boards and Committees representing National and Professional Bodies, and is currently a Lay Member of the Court at the University of Stirling. Scott was elected as Chairman of the Healthcare Financial Management Association in 2005, a body representing the NHS Finance community across the UK, and was recognised as Public Sector Finance Director of the Year in 2006. His interests include golf, football, reading and music.
- Jackie Moran - Jackie Moran is Customer Operations Director at Standard Life and has a breadth of experience in operational management, sales and risk. Her career history includes roles in Standard Life Bank and Standard Life Healthcare. Prior to taking up her current role in 2012, Jackie spent three years as Operational Risk and Financial Crime Director. Jackie graduated from Edinburgh University with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Studies and subsequently gained a Masters in Business Administration (MBA). Jackie lives in Edinburgh with her husband and enjoys running, keeping fit and spending time with friends and family.
- Doug McKenzie - Doug McKenzie is the Managing Director of The Optima Value Group, an Edinburgh based CRM and digital marketing agency with experience of working alongside clients like Visit Scotland, Matalan, Flybe and Lloyds Banking Group. Following a degree in European Finance and Accounting and an MBA from the University of Bradford he began his marketing career with Next plc before moving into brand management with the Leeds Permanent Building Society where he managed their savings brands. In 1993, he joined Kwik-Fit and held various senior marketing management positions. This included six years as Marketing Director where he controlled 15 different brands and directed the UK marketing operations across a network of 672 centres and 190 mobile tyre fitting vehicles. In 2006, he joined Forth Ports plc to lead their destination marketing activities including expansion of the Group’s cruise liner marketing programmes. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a Member of The Marketing Society. His sporting interests include tennis and golf.
- Jestyn Davies - Jestyn has spent over 25 years in the property industry the last 19 of which have been spent with various Murray family businesses. Previously a Director with Premier Property Group (PPG) for 12 years Jestyn set up its sister company Murray Estates in 2008 which was the subject of a buy out in February 2014. The business continues to focus on the group’s extensive interests in strategic land, mixed use projects and residential developments. He has held various other group board positions as well as external non executive positions. He is the former Chairman of the Scottish Property Federation and left this position in November 2013. Jestyn holds a BSc (Hons) from Heriot Watt University and an MBA from Edinburgh University. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and is a member of The Chartered Institute of Building. In his spare time his interests include, Rugby, Cycling, Golf and Game shooting.
- Colin McMillan (ClubSport Rep) - Colin was born in Edinburgh and attended George Heriots School before studying a BSc in Physiology at St Andrews and a MSc in Sport & Recreation Business Management at Edinburgh University. Colin is the Chairperson of ClubSport Edinburgh and is the representative voice for sport clubs on the Edinburgh Leisure board. Colin joined the Board in December 2016.He brings 13 years of academic, leisure and social enterprise industry experience having worked with Edinburgh Leisure, the City of Edinburgh Council and latterly as Business Support Adviser with Firstport. He is a member of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport & Physical Activity. Colin is married with two children who all enjoy being customers across a number of Edinburgh Leisure’s services. He plays cricket, football and running when his kids allow him the time!
- John Taylor - John has lived and studied in Edinburgh for many years having graduated from Edinburgh University with a MA(Hons). He has a commercial background gained from working in a retail environment. More recently he has specialised his career in Human Resources and is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. He joined Apple in 2007 and is currently He ad of Talent, supporting the business across the UK and the Nordics. John joined the Edinburgh Leisure Board in May 2017. In his spare time he has a keen interest in keeping fit by running, using our gym facilities, and playing squash.He lives with his wife in Edinburgh and they have a young daughter who is starting school this year.
- Caroline Parker - Caroline is a RICS Registered Valuer and has been a Chartered Surveyor (MRICS) forover 30 years. She has been regarded as one of the leading valuers in the UK and hasbeen valuing commercial property assets for around 20 years for UK and international banks. Caroline worked in Director roles at Savills and JLL in Edinburgh (between 2003 and 2011) where she held the positions of Scottish Head of Valuation in both companies.She later moved to London in 2014 to join the Secured Lending team at Montagu Evans. Caroline is now a Consultant with Montagu Evans following the setting up pf her own company CJP Consultancy in 2017; advising on the real estate and finance markets.In her spare time Caroline is an active member of Edinburgh Leisure and can be seen most early mornings working out in the Craiglockhart gym. Caroline also enjoys playing racket ball, tennis, golf, and she is a keen skier. She also enjoys watching most sports, especially tennis and rugby. In 2003 Caroline completed the New York Marathon raising money for CHAS though sponsorship.In 2017, Caroline was accepted into ‘The Royal Company of Merchants of The City of Edinburgh’, one of Scotland’s oldest and most respected charities in Scotland providing educational and charity support to the community of Edinburgh.
- Hal Osler - Hal is the Liberal Democrat Councillor for the Ward of Inverleith, first elected in 2017. With a background in market research, Hal has supported Third Sector organisations on various fundraising activities, including charities focusing on buildings and heritage. She has also worked within the Scottish commercial art scene.Being a Community Councillor for Stockbridge and Inverleith CC has enabled her to pursue longstanding interests in a range of local issues , including opportunities for young people,inclusion and support for older people, encouraging more participation in sports, and positive steps to improve mental health.
- Graeme Bruce - Graeme is an Application Specialist/Systems Analyst and has worked in both the public and private sector for nearly 30 years. He has previously worked for the Scottish Legal Aid Board, Cap Gemini and various Life Assurance companies. He attended school both here in Edinburgh and Vancouver, Canada. He gained a BSc in Computing from Napier University and qualified as a private pilot many years ago in his youth. He has been very keen to get involved in his local community and spent 8 years on the Balerno Childrens Gala Committee including time as President on that committee. Graeme joined the Board following the local Council elections in May 2017. His interests include football, rugby, golf, skiing, squash, scuba diving and cycling, the latter of which he has participated in many charity cycle rides including Edinburgh to Paris via Hull/Zeebrugge (500 miles)and Edinburgh to Monte Carlo (1,300 miles), via Newcastle,Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Montpellier and Nice, helping to raise money various local projects and a cancer charity.
- Denis Dixon - Born and raised in Irvine Ayrshire, Denis came to Edinburgh in 1969 to study Business, Marketing and Accountancy at Edinburgh College of Commerce; now Napier University. He then went on to work at White Horse Whisky Ltd in Glasgow and subsequently in the role of financial accountant at Amoco UK Ltd; an oil company in London.Denis returned to Scotland in 1982 and took up a career in marketing, communications and printing. In 1986, he set up his own marketing company, Creative Business Services, which he ran until 1994 when he was offered a role in marketing in Bergen, Norway, where he met his wife Pamela. On return to Scotland in 2000 Denis managed a Fine Art print distribution company until 2015. By then his political career had taken hold and since 2012 he has been a City of Edinburgh Councillor for the Sighthill/Gorgie ward. He is currently Convener of the South West Locality and Lead Councillor on Income Maximisation.
- Donald Wilson - bio coming soon
- Alex Staniforth - bio coming soon