If you're a regular visitor to The Meadows, you might have already heard the shouts and smashes of players having fun on our outdoor tennis courts.
Want to have a go? You can play on our courts for FREE from October to March and before 4pm Monday to Thursday and before 1pm on Friday April-June and September. At the weekends April-September you can play for free before 10am and after 6pm subject to court availability. If you want to play after dark we have floodlit courts available to book throughout the year. Come along and master your rallies with friends and enjoy some fresh air at the same time.
Opening Hours and Timetables
Venue Summer Opening Hours
|Monday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 22:00|
We charge for court hire during the following times: April, May, June & September (Monday to Thursday 4pm-8.30pm, Friday 1pm-8:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm) / July & August (Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
Jump into Summer
We’ve got loads on this summer for children of all ages. Whether your child loves sport, crafts, daring activities or simply enjoys staying active, there’s enough on across our venues to help make sure this summer is their best yet.
Find out what is on at The Meadows here.
New to Tennis Courses
Watched tennis on the TV? Always wanted to pick up a racket?
Our four week New to Tennis courses are starting up again for 2019 and will equip you with all the skills you need to begin your tennis journey. We have course running at both Craiglockhart Leisure & Tennis Centre and The Meadows over the year.
For details on our
next courses click here – Find Out More
We have courts available for hire seven days per week, all year round weather permitting and continue to play during the darker nights on our floodlit courts.
- Outdoor acrylic courts - 16
- Floodlit courts - 6
- Equipment hire (when pavilion open)
- Toilets and disabled toilets
- Guide dogs welcome
- April, May, June & September (Monday to Thursday 4pm-8.30pm, Friday 1pm-8:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
- July & August (Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
Situated at the east end of The Meadows on Melville Drive.
- Meadows Tennis, East Meadows Pavilion, 1 North Meadow Walk, Edinburgh, EH8 9NN
- Book via Craiglockhart 0131 443 0101
- By Bus: Services by Lothian Buses Buccleuch Street buses 41, 42, 67 and Clerk Street Buses 2, 3, 5, , 29, 30, 31, 33, 37, 47, 49, N3, N7, N30, N31, N37