If you're a regular visitor to The Meadows, you might have already heard the shouts and smashes of players having fun on our outdoor tennis courts.
Want to have a go? You can play on our courts for FREE from October to March and before 4pm Monday to Thursday and before 1pm on Friday April-June and September. At the weekends April-September you can play for free before 10am and after 6pm subject to court availability. If you want to play after dark we have floodlit courts available to book throughout the year. Come along and master your rallies with friends and enjoy some fresh air at the same time.
Opening Hours and Timetables
Venue Summer Opening Hours
|Monday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Tuesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Wednesday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Thursday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Friday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Saturday||08:00 - 22:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 22:00|
We charge for court hire during the following times: April, May, June & September (Monday to Thursday 4pm-8.30pm, Friday 1pm-8:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm) / July & August (Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
We have courts available for hire seven days per week, all year round weather permitting and continue to play during the darker nights on our floodlit courts.
- Outdoor acrylic courts - 16
- Floodlit courts - 6
- Equipment hire (when pavilion open)
- Toilets and disabled toilets
- Guide dogs welcome
- April, May, June & September (Monday to Thursday 4pm-8.30pm, Friday 1pm-8:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
- July & August (Monday to Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm)
Situated at the east end of The Meadows on Melville Drive.
- Meadows Tennis, Melville Drive, Edinburgh, EH8 9NL
- Book via Craiglockhart 0131 443 0101
- By Bus: Services by Lothian Buses Buccleuch Street buses 41, 42, 67 and Clerk Street Buses 2, 3, 5, , 29, 30, 31, 33, 37, 47, 49, N3, N7, N30, N31, N37