Lane swimming guidelines
Get a preview
Edinburgh Leisure COVID-19 swimming rules
Before your visit there’s some important things that will be different. It’s important to remember:
- Please arrive ready to swim, with swimwear under your clothing.
- It is Lane swimming only
- Our changing room facilities will be reduced. Showers, hairdryers, and costume drying will not be available in changing rooms.
- A reduced number of lockers will be available, those not in use will be clearly marked. Please bring your own token. Tokens can be bought at reception by contactless payment only.
- Please bring your own floats or kickboards as they will not be available.
- You will need to arrive no later than 10 minutes after the session start time.
- A reduced number of toilets will be available for customer use.
- A small number of items will be available to purchase (by card payment only) at our venues e.g. swim goggles.
- To use our pools, you must be able to swim full lengths continuously.
Please don’t visit if you or anyone in your household, are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19. Click here to see the symptoms to look out for.
Face coverings have been made mandatory and must be worn when in indoor communal areas (e.g. when you enter a venue). Customers do not have to wear them when taking part in their activity.
1. In the changing rooms
A reduced number of changing cubicles, locks, and toilets will be available – those not in use will be clearly marked. Hair dryers and costume drying will not be available. Please be aware of any guidance signage in the changing rooms and physical distance between you and others.
Customers can used marked showers to rinse off, if a shower is available – please do not queue. In the showers no soap or shampoo can be used.
2. In the pool
In the pool and poolside will be different to normal and you will need to follow some new rules. This is to minimise risk and to allow for physical distancing. Lane swimming will be in double lanes with a maximum of 10 customers per double lane (the Royal Commonwealth Pool is 20 customers per double lane).
How you can help us during your swim:
- Please sanitise your hands before, during, and after your swim.
- Please follow the lane etiquette guidelines that are displayed on pool side.
- You must swim in the same direction. There are direction signs at the end of the lane.
- You can only overtake at the end of lane, please be aware of other swimmers and let the person behind past at the end of the lane if they are swimming faster than you.
- If you need to take a break please exit the pool, do not stop at the end of the lanes
- All customers must adhere to physical distancing at all times, both in the pool and poolside.
When your session is over, the lifeguard will blow the whistle. Please leave the pool promptly and keep to physical distancing guidance as you leave.
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.