Open All Hours
All Hours (OAHs) is a physical activity youth work provision delivered in
partnership between Edinburgh Leisure, City of Edinburgh Council and the
voluntary organisations FABB, Canongate Youth and Jack Kane Community Centre. The provision aims to provide young people
with fully inclusive, accessible and affordable opportunities to take part in
sports and physical activities at weekends. Each session only costs £1!
Open All Hours takes place in 9 Edinburgh Leisure facilities and Wester Hailes Education Centre (WHEC). Young people attending can choose to go to the gym, go swimming, participate in a dance session, enjoy team sports or hang out with their friends.
The programme targets High School aged young people (aged 11 to 17), encouraging them to
make positive and healthy choices on Friday evenings. Sport Development staff, Youth Workers,
Coaches and Volunteers work in small teams to deliver activity programmes which
are fun and engaging. Focussing on
making sport and physical activity enjoyable, providing appropriate pathways
for young people to learn and develop, bringing young people into contact with
youth & community workers and talented coaches, offering the chance to try
new things in a supportive environment and opening up facilities to young
people on Friday evenings.
Where and when?
Open All Hours runs from 7pm - 9pm on Friday nights. Please note, Portobello Swim Centre's session runs from 6pm - 8pm on Fridays. Please see below the dates from which sessions will be running.
- Ainslie Park Leisure Centre (13/09/19 to 06/12/19)
- Craiglockhart Leisure Centre (20/09/19 to 22/09/19)
- Drumbrae Leisure Centre (20/09/19 for nine weeks)
- Gracemount Leisure Centre (20/09/19 for nine weeks)
- Jack Kane Community/Sports Centre (30/08/19 to 20/12/19)
- Portobello Swim Centre (13/09/19 to 13/12/19)
- Royal Commonwealth Pool (13/09/19 for nine weeks)
- Warrender Swim Centre (20/09/19 for nine weeks)
- Wester Hailes Education Centre (WHEC) (20/09/19 to 22/09/19)
- Kirkliston Leisure Centre (20/09/19 to 29/09/19)
With so much on offer, at only £1 per session, please speak to your nearest participating venue for more information.