Edinburgh Leisure | Monday 9th August 2021 10:15am
Restrictions lifted as Scotland exits Level 0 - what's changing at Edinburgh Leisure
As a result of the Scottish Government's announcement on the move to 'beyond level 0' from Monday, 9th August, Edinburgh Leisure will be taking a considered and phased approach.
What's changing from 9th August:
- the changing rooms, toilets, lockers, showers (soap and shampoo allowed) and hairdryers in our centres will be available for use. Unfortunately, there are a few exceptions due to there being insufficient ventilation to comply with the current guidance. The changing facilities will not be available at Saughton Sports Complex or the pavilions servicing our pitch venues. And for those customers who use the sports facilities in the high schools - we are awaiting confirmation from our colleagues at the City of Edinburgh Council on the position regarding access to changing rooms.
- In the pool, lane swimmers will once again be able to rest at the end of the lanes and overtake
- In the gym, all the equipment will be available
- In our soft plays, there will be no restriction on the number of adults who can go into the soft play frames.
We will be sharing more information with our coaching customers later this week on what these changes mean for them.
We'll also be sharing more information with our climbing customers when we have worked thrugh the governing body guidance.
We will be introducing further changes, e.g. increasing capacity levels in activities, but on a gradual basis. We are reviewing the guidance available from the Scottish Government, sportscotland and the National Governing Bodies of Sport and adapting our operational arrangements to ensure that we continue to provide you with a safe and enjoyable environment.
We all have a part to play.
Everyone has a part to play in keeping each other safe and making sure Edinburgh Leisure venues are enjoyable places to visit. So, please continue to:
- Wear your face covering (when not partaking in your activity)
- Respect the personal spaces of other customers and Edinburgh Leisure employees - give people space.
- Clean your equipment, before and after use
- Stay at home, if you feel unwell
We will update you as and when we make further changes but in the meantime, we hope you enjoy your next visit with us. Please keep your eye on our website and social media channels for further updates.