This is where we will be posting any updates related to COVID-19 and our venues.
Update on 08/09/2021
Following the First Minister’s announcement on 3rd August regarding the move to ‘beyond level 0’, we continue to review the government and sport body guidance and make changes to our services and operating arrangements. We will continue to introduce changes safely in our venues over the coming weeks and months, so please continue to visit this page for the latest updates. As ever, the safety of our staff and customers is our priority.
Here are the changes in our venues starting from 31st August.
Each venue will be implementing these changes at a time that is safe for them to do so. However, over the coming week you may see some of the changes below in your venue:
- We know that people need time to change so you can get through our gates 10 minutes before your activity starts (instead of 5).
- We’re keeping the gap between classes/bookings at the moment.
- We are carefully monitoring our air circulation and our CO2 in our venues to ensure we are safely below the limits set by the government. It does mean that we’re still not able to open certain areas or activities such as our saunas and steam rooms.
- We continue to
monitor the ventilation in all areas of our buildings. You may notice a change
in the capacity levels of certain activities. This may fluctuate whilst we find
the appropriate levels that allow us to deliver our classes safely and within
the guidance we have been provided.
- Perspex screens will start to be removed from our reception areas, cafes and softplays.
- Our cafes will bring back re-usable cups.
- In our sports halls, you’ll see more activities taking place such as reintroducing of five a side football and basketball.
- We’re carrying out sanitisation cleans every 2 – 4 hours and a deep clean at the end of the day.
- You’ll be able to use our main doors to enter and leave all our venues.
- We’ve reopened our waiting areas in our venues for parents of our coaching children so they can stay in the building whilst waiting for their children.
- Throughout September we will also be removing the taped lines and spots from our fitness studio floors, in line with government guidance. We would encourage you to continue to keep a safe distance from other class members (the instructor will support with this).
- We are delighted to be welcoming our local schools back into the pool again for their swim lessons. Swimming is a life-saving skill for children and many have been unable to access pools for over 18 months. School lessons provide an important route enabling many children to learn to swim and improve their confidence in the water. In some pools we will be running lane swimming alongside the school lessons, follow this link for more information.
A reminder of what has already changed
- In Edinburh Leisure facilities the changing rooms, toilets, lockers, showers (soap and shampoo allowed) and hairdryers will be available for use. Unfortunately, there are a few exceptions to these facilities opening due to there being insufficient ventilation to comply with the current guidance. The changing facilities will not be available at Saughton Sports Complex or the pavilions servicing our pitch venues.
- In the pool - our lane swimmers will once again be able to rest at the end of the lanes and overtake.
- All the equipment in the gyms will be available.
- There will be no restrictions on the number of adults (when accompanying children) who can go into the soft play frame.
- For those customers who use the sports facilities in the high schools - a minimum number of toilets will continue to be available, pool changing rooms will be fully open for community use including cubicles and lockers, dry changing rooms with adequate ventilation will be open for community use.
What's not changing?
- Please continue to wear a mask when visiting our venues, when not partaking in an activity.
- Saunas, steam rooms and Turkish baths remain closed.
- We currently do not have birthday parties running at any of our venues.
We all have a part to play
Everyone has a part to play in keeping each other safe and making sure Edinburgh Leisure venues are enjoyable places to visit. So, please continue to:
- Wear your face covering when not partaking in your activity.
- Respect the personal space of other customers and Edinburgh Leisure employees - give people space!
- Clean your equipment before and after use.
- Stay home if you feel unwell
We will update you as and when we make further changes and we hope you enjoy your next visit with us.