This is where we will be posting any updates related to COVID-19 and our venues.
Update on 13/07/2021
Following the First Minister’s most recent announcement on Tuesday 13th July it was confirmed that from Monday 19th July all parts of Scotland will move to level 0, if not already there.
For Edinburgh Leisure today’s announcement means:
- Our three softplays (Scrambles at the EICA; Clambers at the Royal Commonwealth Pool and Tumbles at Portobello) along with their Refresh Cafés will re-open on Monday 19th. Follow this link for more information.
- There will be no change to the current arrangements regarding the wearing of face masks in venues. The First Minister advised that the “mandatory wearing of face coverings will remain in place not just now but, in all likelihood, for some time to come.”
- In indoor public places the physical distancing requirement will reduce from 2m to 1m. At this point we are not making any changes to our services and operating arrangements e.g. the layout of the fitness studios and the gym but await more detailed (sport sector).
- The First Minister advised that she remains hopeful about a move beyond level 0 on the 9th August (when everyone over the age of 40 will have had their second vaccine, at least 2 weeks previously). A decision on this will be made nearer the time and an update is expected in the week before 9th August. ‘Beyond level 0’ means a further relaxation and, in some cases, a removal of current restrictions.
- Adult indoor contact sports can now take place. We are awaiting more detailed guidance on this and, in the meantime, have been contacting clubs and groups who used EL and school facilities in the past for notes of interest in securing a regular booking with us.
Please bear with us and continue to check our website for further updates and booking information.