Coaching Guidelines & FAQs
Keep up to date with the current guidelines for coaching in our venues or find an answer to our most frequently asked questions about coaching below:
Coaching Safety Guidelines
As with all our other activities in our venues, we've introduced a number of measures to ensure our customers safety. We will continue to review these measures over the coming months as the environment and guidelines from the Scottish Government and national sports governing bodies change. Our priority will always be the safety of our customers and our teams.
- We've removed all temporary entrances and exits and welcome you back through our front doors again.
- Our changing rooms, toilets, lockers, showers (soap and shampoo allowed) and hairdryers are available to use. You no longer have to arrive 'beach ready' - of course you can do so if you find it easier.
- Coaching parents/customers can wait in our venues again. Generally, there are no spectating areas for our sports coaching classes but there are waiting areas if you need to stay in the building. This can vary depending on the size and layout of the venue. Whether we ask you to stay in the building or not depends on the the age of your child:
- Adult and Baby/Toddler/Child classes (up to 3 years old):- an accompanying adult is required for the duration of the class and must be able to take part and assist the child in all activities.
- Children 3 – 5 years (pre school): Parents/carers of these independent preschoolers must remain in the venue throughout the class and may be called upon during the session if needed.
- Children 5 (P1+) – 8 years: Parents/carers of our participants may leave the building once the child is safely in their class but should return to the delivery area at the end of the session to collect their child.
- Children 9 years+ : children may arrive and leave classes unaccompanied.Please make sure we have the correct emergency contact details for you if you are leaving the building.
- Some venues have more spacing than other so where possible please minimise the number of people coming into the building, especially if they are not taking part in activities
- Face coverings are still required in our buildings including children aged 5 and above (see below). Our swim teachers and coaching staff are no longer required to wear face coverings while they deliver their classes but will wear them as they move elsewhere around the building.
- In our independent 3-5 yrs Gym Nippers, Gym and Jump, Jump and Dive classes our coaches can go back to physically supporting the children and so an accompanying adult is not required. However, to help the children adjust, you may still attend class to support the transition of your child to the independent class. From 6 September all accompanying adults will be asked to leave the classes. Please note 18 month-3 year old classes always require an accompanying adult.
Please don’t visit if you, or anyone in your household, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. In general please don’t take your child to their class if they aren’t feeling well. If they have had vomiting or diarrhoea please make sure they have been symptom clear for 48 hours before coming to the pool.
Everyone has a part to play in keeping each other safe and making sure Edinburgh Leisure venues are enjoyable places to visit. So, please continue to:
- Respect the personal space of other customers and Edinburgh Leisure employees – give people space!
- Clean your equipment before and after use.
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.