Bowls is a sociable activity, suitable for all ages. If you’re thinking of taking up a new sport or hobby which doesn't need any experience or particular level of fitness then bowls may be just what you’re looking for.
Come along for a chat, play bowls and relax during well-deserved breaks between games. Bowls can be played at any level, and for enthusiasts there are junior and senior competitions and leagues.
We have three outdoor bowling greens at Balgreen, St Margaret’s Park and Victoria Park that are open from April to September. Come visit us during the summer months to enjoy some fresh air, sunshine and a little healthy competition.
2018 Season Prices
- Bowling – 1hr No Card £3.80
- Bowling – 1 hr Card £3.10
- Bowling – 1hr 65+ £2.35
- Bowling – 1hr Junior/Disability £2.05
- Bowling – 1.5hr 65+ £3.60
- Bowling – ½ Green 1hr £42
- Bowling – ½ Green 1.5hr £64
- Bowling – ½ Green 2 hr £77
- Bowling – Full Green 1hr £84
- Bowling – Full Green 2hr £154
- Locker Hire - £1.55
All bowling is on a pay and play basis. A limited number of bowls are available for customer use.
Balgreen: Monday 13:30-20:30, Tuesday 13:30-16:30, Thursday 13:30-20:30
St Margaret's Park: Monday 12:00-17:00, Tuesday 12:00-17:00, Thursday 12:00-20:00
Victoria Park: Monday 14:00-21:00, Tuesday 16:30-20:30, Wednesday 14:00-21:00
Booking enquiries: telephone 0131 669 0404.
Loyalty card. Earn the points, reap the rewards.
If you enjoy attending activities on a pay and play basis then we've got the perfect product for you! Our loyalty card lets you collect points for every activity you do.
Click here to find out more and sign up.
Exercise for Everybody
Here are some of the benefits of getting on the green:
- enjoy fresh air, sunshine and a little healthy competition
- great way to meet people and make new friends
- sense of belonging, part of a team
- increases confidence, self esteem and wellbeing
- not too strenuous
- improves fitness, hand eye coordination and strengthens muscle tone
- low cost exercise