James Gillespies High School
Opening Hours and Timetables
|Monday||18:00 - 22:00|
|Tuesday||18:00 - 22:00|
|Wednesday||18:00 - 22:00|
|Thursday||18:00 - 22:00|
|Friday||18:00 - 22:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 13:00|
Opening hours for specific activities may differ from venue opening.
Venue Price List
|2G Muga (Full Pitch)||£42.00||£28.00||£28.00||£52.00|
|Sports Hall (4 Court)||£29.00||£19.75||£19.75||£36.50|
|Gym Hall (1 Court)||£21.00||£14.00||£14.00||£26.00|
Some important information if you are interested in booking sports halls, the dance studio or 2G astro pitch:
Priority access will be given to ‘block booking’ paying Clubs/Groups. Normal Council charges apply (junior, concessions & adults). Contact email@example.com for more details.
One off "casual" bookings can be taken for available slots to guarantee day/time. Again, normal Council charges apply (junior, concessions & adults). For more information please call 0131 458 2212 or 458 2100 Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm. Please note that payment is required at the time of booking.
ON THE DAY ACCESS
Currently, there is no turn up and access (pay & play) available to the public for the halls or swimming pool. This is due to the school having no till system in the school. For swimming, pools in the near vicinity include Warrender Swim Centre and Royal Commonwealth Pool. However, if you wish to use one of the halls, you can phone and book in the morning for access that night (e.g. to play badminton). Please note that payment is required at the time of booking. Call 0131 458 2212 or 458 2100. Sports equipment such as racquets/shuttles are not provided.
James Gillespie's High School is in the heart of Bruntsfield and Marchmont, set back from the Meadows and close to the city centre.
- James Gillespie's High School, 57 Lauderdale Street, Edinburgh, EH9 1DD
- By Bus: Frequent services by Lothian Buses 5, 24 and 41 stop just a short walk from us.
- By Bike: Use the Edinburgh CycleStreets Journey Planner for direct and scenic route options.
- By Car: We have a car park which can be accessed from Whitehouse Loan.
- On Foot: Burn calories on the way. Visit Walkit Edinburgh, enter the postcode or street name of where you're walking from and you will be given an estimated walking time.