Edinburgh Leisure | Friday 28th April 2017 12:20pm
Join FitMums at Ainslie Park Leisure Centre
New to Ainslie Park Leisure Centre is FitMums – a class suitable for new mums who have had their six-week GP check.
Our fantastic instructor, Elspeth, will guide you through:
- Pelvic floor safe exercises
- Strength exercises to help everyday movements
- Stretches and releases to improve upright mobility
- Safe core work
If you're a new mum looking to exercise safely come and give it a go.
Day: Every Tuesday
Cost: £7.20 (non-members), £5.40 (Discount Card) or free to existing Full Fitness and Classes Only members.
Can I bring my baby? Yes, as long as they are happy to stay in their buggy, car seat or pram during the class.
What if my baby cries or needs me? You can go to your baby during the class, but if you are attending to your baby, you must stop exercising.
Do we use the babies as weights in the class? No. Babies stay in their buggies, prams or car seats.
I am breastfeeding, is the class suitable for me? Yes.
Is there an upper age limit for babies? No, as long as they are happy to stay in their buggy, pram or car seat.
Is there a lower age limit for babies? Mums should only attend the class if they have had their six-week check from the GP and been told that it is safe for them to return to exercise. Until mums are 12 weeks post-natal, they should choose modified activities in the class (which will be clearly explained).
What will get out of the class?
- Learn what's safe and effective for your post-natal body, and what to avoid
- Movements to ease the aches and pains you develop when looking after a baby, and strength to prevent them
- An opportunity to exercise without finding childcare
- Effective core and pelvic floor strengthening work that is safe for your postnatal body
- Other mums to work out alongside
When should I arrive for the class? When you attend for the first time, please arrive 10 minutes early to complete a screening questionnaire and talk to the coach about your specific needs.
For more information or to book contact Ainslie Park Leisure Centre directly on 0131 551 2400 or email@example.com
You can also book online or via the App.