Edinburgh Leisure | Thursday 30th August 2018 9:25am
Free Festival of Tennis at Craiglockhart
We're back in full swing with the reopening of our all-weather floodlit courts. To celebrate we'd like to invite you and your family to to our fun-filled Festival of Tennis on Saturday 22nd September 2-4pm.
Come and enjoy the entertainment from Scottish Stars of Tennis or book into our free taster sessions with Edinburgh Leisure's top coaches. If you're an experienced player, or if you've never picked up a racket before there's something for you being served up in our spectacular, free programme for adults and children alike.
The opening represents the culmination of a collaboration between Edinburgh Leisure, Tennis Scotland, and sportscotland to redevelop the outdoor courts at Craiglockhart. We have increased the number of outdoor courts from five to six and have installed a brand new all year-round playable surface with floodlights on five of the courts. This will enhance the area considerably and allow all year-round outdoor play.
Saturday 22nd September 2–4pm
Craiglockhart Leisure and Tennis Centre
- Official Ribbon Cutting at 2pm.
- Performance Players Exhibition Matches all afternoon on Centre Court. There’s plenty of fun to be had watching our Performance Players. Not forgetting the fantastic opportunity to meet some of Scotland’s elite players such as National Coach, Colin Fleming and Alan MacDonald from Jamie Murray's coaching team. No need to book.
- Disability Tennis Sessions (Advantage Tennis) Come and see how tennis can be adapted to ensure as many people as possible can enjoy the game, including Additional support needs, hearing impaired, older people, visually impaired and wheelchair users. No need to book.
- She Rallies Drop In Sessions Calling all women and girls! She Rallies is Judy Murray’s programme which aims to expand the number of women and girls coaching and playing tennis across the UK. No need to book.
- Bookable Tennis Taster Sessions -call 0131 443 0101 to book Lots of free taster sessions with Edinburgh Leisure’s top coaches throughout the afternoon;
- 2.30- 3pm: Kids Tennis (5-8 years) , Adult Doubles
- 3- 3.30pm: Kids Tennis (9-12 years), Kids Cardio Tennis (8-14 years)
- 3.30-4pm: Teens Tennis (12-17 years), Family Cardio Tennis, Adult Doubles