Get a preview
The main changes you will notice
- Gym sessions are pre-book only (via the EL App or website)
- Sessions are 1 hour (55 minute activity)
- There are additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations throughout the gym
- Not all pieces of equipment are in use to support physical distancing (these are clearly marked)
- The CV equipment will be facing the wall
- You will not be able to access your paper programme
- If you are unable to attend your booked session please cancel more than 3 hours before the beginning of your session to avoid a £3 late cancel or “no-show” charge.
How you can help us during your session
- Please be aware of any floor markings, which have been measured out and following the guidance of one customer per floor space
- Please sanitise/wash your hands before, during, and after your gym session.
- All customers must clean equipment with sanitising sprays / wipes before and after use.
- All customers must always maintain to physical distance rules.
- Please be respectful of others and limit your time on any piece of equipment to a 15-minutes maximum.
- No “spotting” in the gym is permitted
When your session is over please leave the gym promptly to allow us to clean and prepare for the next session/customers.
1. Booking & payment
In order to manage numbers and flow in our venues safely, our gym sessions will be pre-book only via our app or website. This means you won’t be able to turn up to a session without a booking. You can book one hour session per day. This will be 55 minutes in the gym with 5 minutes at the end of each session to allow us to clean equipment.
Gym sessions can be booked from 9pm 3 days in advance for members and 2 days in advance for non-members.
To book a session you will need an Edinburgh Leisure account (You will already have an account if you are an EL member or hold discount or loyalty card).
- If you do not have an account with us you can create one here to allow you to make a booking online or via our app.
- If you are not a member paying via Direct Debit, you will need to pre-pay for your activity.
If you are unable to attend your booked session please cancel more than 3 hours before the beginning of your session to avoid a £3 late cancel or “no-show” charge.
2. Before you visit
Before your visit there’s some important things that will be different. It’s important to remember:
- Our changing room facilities will not be available so please arrive dressed ready for your session.
- There will be a number of small lockers available outside the gym for your valuables and coat hooks available.
- Please bring a prefilled water bottle – this can be refilled at a water fountain.
- You need to arrive no later than 10 minutes after the session start time.
A reduced number of toilets will be available for customer use.
Please don't visit if you, or anyone in your household, are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. Click here to see the symptoms to look out for.
Face coverings have been made mandatory and must be worn when in indoor communal areas (e.g. when you enter a venue). Customers do not have to wear them when taking part in their activity.
3. Arriving at a venue
We ask that you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your booked session. If there is a moving queue outside the venue, please join the queue and keep a safe physical distance whilst entering the building.
Reception – with easy access gates
Once in the building, please follow the one-way system in place through the gates. Please stand on the social distancing markers on the floor until you can safely move forward.
At the gates, scan your card and pass through the gates. Please follow any one-way systems that are in place. Our kiosks and tablets will not be in use.
Reception – with no easy access gates
Once in the building please follow the one-way system in place to our card readers. Here you can scan your card to register that you are there and ensure you do not get a ‘no-show’ charge (see booking and cancellation terms and conditions) Please stand on the physical distancing markers on the floor until you can safely move forward.Please follow any one-way systems that are in place once you have scanned your card.
4. After your session
Once you have finished your session, please leave the building. We love to see you, but we have arranged our bookings to carefully manage the number of people in our buildings at any one time.
Thank you for playing your part in keeping everyone safe.
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.