Fitness class guidelines
Edinburgh Leisure COVID-19 fitness class rules
Get a preview
1. Booking & payment
In order to manage numbers and flow in our venues safely, our fitness classes will be pre-book only via our App or Website. This means you won’t be able to turn up to a session without a booking.
Fitness classes can be booked from 9pm 3 days in advance for members and 2 days in advance for non-members. We are not limiting how many classes you can book per day but would ask you to be considerate of other customer and book no more than 2 classes per day.
There will be a range of classes on offer, but class capacities will be reduced to allow for physical distancing.
To book a session you will need an Edinburgh Leisure account (You will already have an account if you are an EL member or hold discount or loyalty card).
• If you do not have an account with us you can create one here to allow you to make a booking online or via our app.
• If you are not a member paying via Direct Debit, you will need to pre-pay for your activity.
If you are unable to attend your booked session please cancel more than 3 hours before the beginning of your session to avoid a £3 late cancel or no show charge. As class capacity is reduced it is important that if you are unable to attend that you cancel your booking.
You can find full booking and cancellation terms and conditions here.
2. Before you visit
Before your visit there’s some important things that will be different. It’s important to remember:
- Please arrive ready for class as changing facilities won’t be available.
- Please bring a prefilled water bottle– this can be refilled at a water fountain.
- Bring a mat if you have one. If you do not a mat can be bought from reception by contactless payment only.
- You will need to arrive in time for the start of your class.
- A reduced number of toilets will be available for customer use.
- The programme on offer has been adapted and staggered in timings to ensure a safe flow of customers. This may mean some classes are held in different areas of the building.
Please don’t visit if you or anyone in your household, are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. Click here to see the symptoms to look out for.
Face coverings have been made mandatory and must be worn when in indoor communal areas (e.g. when you enter a venue). Customers do not have to wear them when taking part in their activity.
3. In the studio
Our studios will look different to normal. Individual ‘workout zones’ will be marked on the floor, with one customer per zone. This is to minimise risk and to allow for physical distancing. Some things you may notice:
- Some classes may be held in different areas of the building
- Class Capacities have been reduced to ensure a safe physical distance
How you can help us during your class:
- Please be aware of any floor markings, which have been measured out and follow the guidance of one customer in each floor space.
- When you arrive find a marked workout zone and place your valuables in it or at the side of the studio.
- Please sanitise/wash your hands before, during, and after your class.
- Please clean equipment with the sanitising spray provided before and after use. Wipes will also be available for customers to clean equipment.
- Please maintain a physical distance between yourself and others at all times.
When your class is over, please leave the studio promptly to allow us to clean and prepare for the next class/customers. Please keep to physical distancing guidance as you leave the studio.
If you have booked 2 consecutive classes, you will still need to leave the studio in between the 2 classes. There will be a gap between classes to allow for cleaning.
4. After your session
Once you have finished your session, please leave the building. We love to see you, but we have arranged our bookings to carefully manage the number of people in our building at any one time.
Thank you for playing your part in keeping everyone safe.
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.