Routesetting at EICA
Keep up to date with the newest routes and problems at EICA.
Our busy routesetters are always refreshing different routes and problems in the centre. So there's always something new to try whether you are lead climbing, top roping, on the auto belays, or just in for a boulder.
You can also keep up to date with any special setting that may be taking place for events or competitions on this page.
See below and see which routes or boulders have been reset most recently and see what is due to be changed soon.
Why not climb something new?
- Arena Boulders -The barrel boulder has been reset with new problems, including a full traverse all the way around.
- Lines 12 to 17 (Cave) - New routes from 6b to 7b.
- Tower Autobelays - New routes next to the office from 4+ to 7c.
- Bouldering Room - Lots of new problems all around the room, including a return of the popular circuits from 6a to 7c+.
- Old Comp Wall - New comp style 8b+ set for William Bosi as part of his Olympic Qualification selection training.
- Lines 80 to 86 - 4 new routes.
Watch out for new routes/boulders!
We'll soon be resetting routes/problems on:
- Arena slab boulder - adding in some more problems
- V-board in the bouldering room will be reset soon
- Autobelays on right side of arena are due a reset
- Cave routes on the main wall (Lines 12 - 17)
- Turtle Back on the main wall (Lines 23 - 27)
Watch this space for what new routes and boulder you can expect to see soon at EICA.
We'd love to hear what you think of our routesetting and if there's anything you'd like to see more of at EICA.
Grade Consensus Board
Have your say in how we grade our routes! Our grade consensus board is next to the office and will include newly set routes, plus a suggested grade form our route setters.
After you've climbed a route you can add your suggestion of the route's grade, and after a week the grade the route will be graded at the most popular consensus.
Want to see what our busy routesetters are up to and get a glimpse of the fantastic routes they are working on?
Visit our Routesetter's very own Facebook page to meet the team and see what goes on behind the scenes at EICA.