Please note that we do not offer equipment hire at the moment and you should bring your own equipment at all times. If your game involves doubles, then please ensure you are adhering to current government guidelines. You can read up-to-date guidance from Badminton Scotland here, guidance from Scottish Squash here and guidance from Scottish Tennis here.
The cardholder must be present at the booking and present their membership card.
The main changes you will notice
Clear safety guidance will be in place. Please follow any guidance in place.
Here are a list of measures we are taking to keep our courts safe:
- Increased cleaning and sanitisation
- Court bookings are pre-book online via our App or Website.
- Staggered session start times to reduce congestion
- Cashless Transactions in Venues.
- Not all areas and activities are in use yet.
- No equipment hire.
- Face coverings have been made mandatory and must be worn when in indoor communal areas (e.g. when you enter a venue). Customers do not have to wear them when taking part in their activity.
1. Booking & payment
In order to manage numbers and flow in our venues safely, our courts will be pre-book only via our App or Website. This means you won’t be able to turn up to a session without a booking. You can book one session per day.
This will be 55 minutes on court with 5 minutes at the end of each session to allow us to manage customer flow. You may also book back-to-back court sessions.
Courts can be booked from 12.00am, up to 8 days in advance. In line with Scottish Badminton guidelines released on 11th September, doubles can only be played on the condition that teams are comprised of members of the same household.
To book a session you will need an Edinburgh Leisure account (You will already have an account if you are an EL member or hold discount or loyalty card).
- If you do not have an account with us you can create one here to allow you to make a booking online or via our app.
- If you are not a member paying via Direct Debit, you will need to pre-pay for your activity.
If you are unable to attend your booked session please cancel more than 3 hours before the beginning of your session to avoid a £3 late cancel or “no-show” charge.
You can find full booking and cancellation terms and conditions here.
2. On court
Our court will look different to normal and benches/chairs will not be available. This is to minimise risk. When you arrive on court please be aware of any physical distancing floor marking and any court guidelines displayed.
The main differences you may notice are:
- There will only be one entrance and exit
- Courts will be set up and clearly marked
Help us during your match:
- Please sanitise your hands before, during, and after your match.
- Please maintain a physical distance between yourself and others.
- Please keep to your own court and avoid going onto other players courts e.g. to retrieve up balls/other equipment.
- Please avoid touching equipment on court e.g. nets and posts.
- For outdoor all-weather courts, you will not need to drag the courts. This will be done by staff to minimise risk.
When your session is over please leave the courts promptly to allow us to prepare for the next session/customers.
If you have booked a back to back session you can continue with your match. However, please be mindful of customers exiting and arriving on court and maintain a physical distance from other.
3. After your session
Once you have finished your session, please leave the building. We love to see you, but we have arranged our bookings to carefully manage the number of people in our building at any one time.
Thank you for playing your part in keeping everyone safe.
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.