Please complete our survey
Take the chance to tell us about your website visit today. This will help us make our website more efficient and only takes a few moments.
Types of Swimming
Dip into our pools - book a swim today!
Whether you're looking to swim alone or with your family, we have bookable sessions running in our pools across Edinburgh. Jump into the city's only 50-metre pool, or take your pick from our other 25-metre pools, including the much-loved Victorian baths at Leith Victoria.
Summer Holiday Camps and Activities
Love the water? We've an incredible choice of fun in the pool for children and families this summer. Click on the names in bold below to find out more and see how to book.
- Aqua Camp (7 years +): enjoy a variety of pool activities whilst working towards recognised Scottish Swimming and Royal Life Saving Society awards. A week for camp for anyone who enjoys the water.
- Junior Fun Swim sessions (9 - 15 years, no adults): no lanes, no pods, just a big open pool to enjoy.
- Family swim sessions (families): book a space in our pools for a family of up to five
- AquaDash and NEW AquaDash Extreme (6 years+): our inflatable playground at the Commie is back - plus Extreme sessions with awesome 3m and 5m slides
- Summer Diving Fun sessions (9 years +): try out our 1m and 3m boards. Simply book and dive for 40 minutes
- Swim lessons: our full range is on offer this summer from Adult and Babies to Club Ready & Skills and Drills.
- NEW swim lessons and fun combo (Swim Skills 3 or over): combine a fun session in the pool with learning how to shallow dive, or deep water fun and safety.
We offer lane swimming in pools across Edinburgh. Slots are 45 minutes long, with pools split into different lanes at the lifeguard's discretion.
You must be able to swim full lengths continuously to access our lane swimming sessions. For more information on session guidelines, click here.
You can now book Family Swim sessions for up to five people at all our open swim venues. To allow your family to swim together safely, you’ll be in a ‘tank’ ensuring you’re distanced from other groups.Each session lasts for 40 minutes. Your group must adhere to the adult:child ratio, plus the current COVID-19 restrictions. For more information on session guidelines, click here.
You can now book online and via the app. Edinburgh Leisure Discount card holders and members can book 8 days in advance. Other customers can book 7 days in advance.
If this session isn't suitable for your family due to accessibility reasons, please fill out this form and we will be in touch with you.
Family Swimming: deep end sessions
Deep end swim sessions are in a minimum water depth of 1.4 metres across our pools. For up to 5 people but everyone, adults and children, must be able to swim 25 metres confidently and unaided to take part in these deep water sessions. No swim aids (e.g. arm bands or floating rings) can be worn and current rules on different households meeting up apply.
For specific guidelines on deep end sessions, please click here.
Reach your targets quicker with our expert 1-2-1 lessons!
Hone your skills in the water with our 1-2-1 swim and dive lessons.
Whether you are looking to build confidence in the pool or perfect your technique our enthusiastic team will help guide, support and encourage you to achieve your goals - fast. Our lessons are open to all ages and abilities, although the swim 1-2-1 session times are more suitable for adults.
Prices are £20 for a 25 minute session or £40 for 50 minutes. Bookings can be made up to a week in advance (or 8 days in advance if you have a membership card). Book via our App, or click here to book online.
Family Swim adult-to-child ratio
Under 5 - One adult to one child with or without armbands or one adult to two children with armbands
5 to 8 years old - One adult to two children with or without armbands
Mixed ages - One adult to one under 5 and one 5 to 8 years old if the under 5 is wearing armbands
Download Our App
Why not download our FREE mobile app. Booking fitness classes, swim sessions, courts and golf tee times has never been faster! Available now for Apple and Android devices.